Is therapy right for you? People seek therapy for a host of reasons, but at the root we are most often looking to heal and gain skills to better manage the challenges life sends our way. Drawing from more than a decade of experience with a variety of modalities, I offer an affirming space to be heard and gain insight, with the aim of making positive and lasting change.
I work from the foundational belief that you are the expert in your own life; in our collaboration I will respectfully support your exploration and growth as we address the concerns that are most important to you.
My areas of specialty include:
- Sexuality, including exploration of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and queer identities, non-monogamy, and polyamory
- Gender identity, expression, and transition, including work with partners and family members of trans and gender expansive individuals and youth
- Thinking through a problem, or making a difficult life decision
- Dealing with feelings of anxiety or depression
- Working through feelings of loss or grief
- Relationship and interpersonal challenges
- Living with HIV/AIDS
- Career concerns and coaching
- Substance use concerns, offering harm reduction, moderation management, and abstinence-based approaches
Fees and Insurance: I aim to make my practice as accessible as possible. My standard fee is $225 per session; if this fee remains out of reach, please let me know and we can discuss the option of reduced fee services on an individual and as needed basis.
I am an out-of-network provider under most insurance plans. This means you have the option of being reimbursed by your insurance provider if you have out-of-network coverage. Out-of-network coverage typically reimburses anywhere from 40 to 100% of expenses. Not sure if you have out-of-network coverage, or confused about what that entails? Feel free to give me a call and I can walk you through the process, or you can reach out to your insurer directly. Here are some questions you’ll want to ask:
- Do I have out-of-network mental health benefits?
- Is there a deductible, and if so, how much has already been met for the year?
- What percentage of the therapy fee is covered?
- Is there a limit to the number of sessions covered per year?
Payment is accepted by cash, check, Venmo (@Nicole-Avallone – please be sure to set to Private), or Chase QuickPay/Zelle (email@example.com).
Contact me for a free initial phone consultation to assess whether working together is the right fit for you.
There’s no need to go through it alone – let’s work to see what can happen.