Is therapy right for you? People seek therapy for a host of reasons, but at the root we are most often looking to heal and gain skills to better manage the challenges life sends our way. Drawing from more than a decade of experience with a variety of modalities, I offer an affirming space to be heard and gain insight, with the aim of making positive and lasting change.
I work from the foundational belief that you are the expert in your own life; in our collaboration I will respectfully support your exploration and growth as we address the concerns that are most important to you.
My areas of specialty include:
- Sexuality, including exploration of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and queer identities, non-monogamy, and polyamory
- Gender identity, expression, and transition, including work with partners and family members of trans and gender expansive individuals and youth
- Thinking through a problem, or making a difficult life decision
- Dealing with feelings of anxiety or depression
- Working through feelings of loss or grief
- Relationship and interpersonal challenges
- Living with HIV/AIDS
- Career concerns and coaching
- Substance use concerns, offering harm reduction, moderation management, and abstinence-based approaches
Fees and Insurance: I aim to make my practice as accessible as possible. If my standard fee remains out of reach, we can discuss the option of reduced fee services on an individual and as needed basis.
I am an out-of-network provider under most insurance plans. This means you have the option of being reimbursed by your insurance provider if you have out-of-network coverage. Out-of-network coverage typically reimburses anywhere from 40 to 100% of expenses. Not sure if you have out-of-network coverage, or confused about what that entails? Feel free to give me a call and I can walk you through the process, or you can reach out to your insurer directly. Here are some questions you’ll want to ask:
- Do I have out-of-network mental health benefits?
- Is there a deductible, and if so, how much has already been met for the year?
- What percentage of the therapy fee is covered?
- Is there a limit to the number of sessions covered per year?
Payment is accepted by cash, check, Venmo (@Nicole-Avallone – please be sure to set to Private), or Chase QuickPay/Zelle (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Contact me for a free initial phone consultation to assess whether working together is the right fit for you.
There’s no need to go through it alone – let’s work to see what can happen.